At Barnes & Noble College, our mission is to help students succeed — and ensuring that they have access to the most affordable course materials is core to that commitment. We work closely with thousands of publishers to maintain an industry-leading selection of affordable textbooks, allowing students and faculty to choose from flexibly priced rental, digital and used textbook offerings.
Our Price Match Program is just the latest example of our commitment to student success, ensuring that students get the best prices available on their course materials by providing price matching on textbooks advertised or offered from local brick-and-mortar bookstores or online retailers (i.e., Amazon or bn.com). The program does not include online marketplaces like “other sellers” on Amazon and BN.com Marketplace, or peer-to-peer pricing.
Under this program, price matching will be honored through the first week of classes, allowing students to shop online early and buy with confidence. If a student comes in after the first week of classes, we will gladly do a price match on that same day. Any price difference will be refunded to the customer via their original form of payment. The program includes purchase (used and new) and rental pricing, provided the rental term (number of days available) is comparable. This program gives students that extra peace of mind knowing they are getting the specific course materials their professors selected — at the lowest possible price.
The following conditions apply to the Price Match Program:
- The textbook must be in stock and available for immediate shipment at the local competitor or online retailer at the time of the price match request.
- Additional membership discounts and offers cannot be applied to the refund.
- The price advertised must be for the exact book, edition and format, including all accompanying materials, like workbooks and CDs, offered at the campus bookstore.
- The original receipt must be provided to show if the textbook was rented or purchased, along with the price.
- Digital titles and special orders are excluded.
- Price matching applies to same-condition items, used book to used book, new book to new book, used rental to used rental and new rental to new rental.